ASAM OSI - Open Simulation Interface:
Date: Febuary 21, 2019 10:00 - 17:00
Location: ASAM e.V., Altlaufstr. 40, 85635 Höhenkirchen, Germany
What is ASAM OSI?
The Open Interface ( Simulation) is a generic interface for the environmental perception of automated driving functions in virtual scenarios. It’s goal is to allow a user to connect any sensor with a standardized interface to any automated driving function and to any driving simulator tooling. For a detailed documentation of OSI, see the current OSIdocumentation (will be moved to ASAM prior to project start). was originally developed completely open-source and will remain so under ASAM. OSI
Kick-off Workshop Results
Four work packages were identified and discussed in more detail to further develop ASAM : OSI
- Physical sensor modelling (i.e. a better ground truth)
- Traffic participants & roadside infrastructure
- OSI performance and packaging (e.g. improvements for real time)
- Harmonization with other OpenX standards
Right now a project proposal is being developed. Four webex meeting are scheduled to further discuss the work package content and begin bringing it and relevant use cases into the project proposal (https://code.asam.net/simulation/proposal/osi).
Each meeting is planned for 1 hr:
- Physical sensor modelling - Mar 16, 2020 @ 10:30 CET
- OSI performance and packaging - Mar 16, 2020 @ 14:00 CET
- Traffic participants & roadside infrastructure - Mar 17, 2020 @ 10:30 CET
- Harmonization with other OpenX standards - Mar 17, 2020 @ 14:00 CET
The meetings are open to anyone so please feel free to join!
Presentations can be downloaded below.
A detailed report is online.
You can download the presentations below
The project is still open for contributions and participation.
Please contact benjamin.engel(at)asam.net.