This project will continue to improve for usage with sensor models and will also have a strong focus on extending & aligning the OSI with other standards such as the OpenX portfolio, Standard 23150 and ISO ADI. Various improvements are planned with respect to OSI’s performance as well as many other extensions to support different models in AUTOSAR. An investigation into the use of Simulation for other, non-automotive applications such as spaceflight is also planned. OSI
So far, there are 5 work packages planned for this project:
- Project Organization
- Sensor Modeling
- Performance & Packaging
- Other Models
- Integration of the workshop results into the proposal
- Submission of the proposal document to the ASAM TSC (29.06)
- TSC meets to review the proposal for approval (12.07)
- Project kickoff (mid-end July)
- Please sign up in the form on the right.
- We are still looking for volunteers to take on the role of project lead, without one this project cannot start! Final decision on a PL takes place in the project kickoff, but at least one nomination is required for approval of the project.
- The Change Control Board is still looking for additional participants. If you are a previous CCB member that wants to continue your commitment and have not signed up again in the workshop, please mark it in the enrollment form or reach out to benjamin.engel(at)asam.net.
Query on Performance
Performance is seen as a limiting factor for many applications of ASAM . This is critical for OSI and above- Real-Time applications but also for models beyond pure object-list transfers. A workshop was being held to evaluate the real performance benefit of Flatbuffers and to receive feedback from people who have real deployments of ASAM Real-Time. OSIReview proposal Workshop
ASAM has commissioned a service provider to investigate in application and performance of flatbuffers for the use in ASAM : OSI
Flatbuffers Application Flatbuffers Performance