SCDL - Safety Concept Description Language
on: January 29, 2020 (10:00 - 17:00)
at Sunny rental room, Tokyo, Japan
The proposal workshop on SCDL (Safety Concet Description Laguage) was held successfully on Jan 29, 2020 in Tokyo, JP. The project proposal is currently written and will be published soon.
The following companies took part in the proposal workshop:
- Advanced Data Controls Corp.
- China Automotive Technology and Research Center
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Hino Motors
- Hitachi Automotive Systems
- Japan Automobile Research Institue
- Kozo Keikaku Engineering Inc.
- Marelli Corporation
- NSK Ltd.
- Quint Safety GmbH
- SUBARU CORPORATION
- Toyota Technical Development Corporation
What is SCDL?
SCDL (Safety Concept Description Language) is a semi-formal notation to describe 26262 safety architectures, namely safety concepts. This includes safety requirement specifications, element architectures, requirements allocation on elements, ASIL assignments, decompositions for safety mechanisms and others. SCDL as a vendor-independent language targets modeling methods for ISO 26262 by providing intuitive graphical representations and ISO
straightforward processes. Tools based on SCDL support the development, design, analysis, and of verification 26262 artefacts. Interoperability and exchangeability of methods and artefacts are provided. ISO
SCDL is designed by a Japanese Industry collaboration. Now it is time to make SCDL an international within the ASAM organization. standard
- SCDL is utilized as a standardized representation to support development and verification of functional / technical safety concepts and requirements
- SCDL and its graphical representation are intuitive and are used as a basis to commonly discuss and further develop ISO 26262 related aspects
- SCDL is also utilized to specify safety architecture in HW/SW integrated system.
- SCDL is a vendor-independent language to apply ISO 26262 requirements and design safety architectures
- SCDL supports tool-based development of safety concepts and software interfaces to link all ISO 26262 artefacts
- SCDL provides graphical representation for most ISO 26262 artefacts and activities, including analysis, review, test or assessment.
- SCDL diagrams support all ISO 26262 activities: analysis, review, test or assessment.