Probe Logger Protocol - Proposal Workshop
on: Apr 14, 2021 | 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm CEST
via: Teams Meeting
The planned protocol shall use modules (hereinafter referred to as probe) measurement
- to transfer the vehicle communication from bus systems (e.g. LIN, CAN, MOST, FlexRay, 100/1.000BaseT1) to Ethernet and
- to be able to transfer sensor data (Camera, LiDAR, Radar) to Ethernet.
Both vehicle communication and sensor data are stored in a logger.
In the context of the workshop, the requirements that shall be supported by the protocol will be collected and evaluated by implementation relevance such as
- Control the recording for data reduction by control events in the protocol
- Time synchronization
- Error detection and status information
- Support of access to measured values of digital and analog inputs
- Identification and configuration of measurement modules
- Control access to external hardware
- Support of XCP, DLT and access to diagnostic information
The description of the data storage in the logger as well as the support of and XCP-DLT are currently not part of the project scope. TCP
Experts from OEMs and Tier 1s as well as logger and module manufacturers are invited to bring their expertise to the workshop with the goal to create a protocol that enables cross-manufacturer interchangeability. measurement
During the proposal workshop, the project proposal will be finalized, incl.
- the definition of work packages
- the definition of a detailed schedule
Meeting frequency and meeting dates for the future working group will also be fixed.