ASAM General Assembly 2016
Presentation / Meeting Minutes
General Assembly paves the way for more internationalization by amending the ASAM constitution
The General Assembly has changed the ASAM statutes that have been in effect since April 20, 2001. Doing so, the ASAM community has responded to the growing number of international members and activities that have recently been going on.
The changes allow ASAM to
- convene virtual assemblies or General Assemblies with online access. Furthermore, it allows online voting for future elections and amendments and thus ensure that every company can exercise its voting rights - regardless of location and time zone
- conduct the ASAM General Assembly also outside of Germany
For the complete changes see the Meeting Minutes. With these amendments, the ASAM community has set a clear statement that it wants to push internationalization forward and that it recognizes the standardization efforts in the US and Japan. Already the General Assembly 2016 had been streamed online. This allowed members from abroad to join the meeting, even though they were not yet able to exercise their voting rights.
New Technical Steering Committee has been elected
A second important part of the meeting was the election of the new Technical Steering Committee () for the term 2016 - 2018. We thank the previous TSC members for their commitment and support during the last term and welcome the new TSC: TSC
- Dr. Hans-Joerg Kremer • Peak Solution GmbH
- Mr. Kilian Schnellbacher • ETAS GmbH
- Mr. Franz Woehrl • AUDI AG
- Mr. Umesh Kini • Bosch Engineering & Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Hans-Joachim Rabe • dSPACE GmbH
- Mr. Stefan Romainczyk • National Instruments
- Dr. Gerald Sammer • AVL List GmbH
- Mr. Markus Steffelbauer • Softing Automotive Electronics GmbH
- Dr. Joerg Supke • EMOTIVE GmbH & Co. KG
- Mr. Helmut Wellnhofer • Continental Automotive GmbH
ASAM Standardization Process has been modernized
After several years of development with no or only little process changes, the process has been thoroughly scrutinized and modernized in 2015. The idea was to open up the process to globalized standard development and improve quality assurance. The ASAM standard and the ASAM have commonly worked out modifications that have already been implemented or are currently in a trial phase. Here are some of the changes: TSC
- The process has been enriched by an ideation phase. This way, ASAM is able to detect needs for standardization early
- The project portfolio has been extended taking into account the diverse needs and ASAM background by members in different countries
- The proposal and review phase have been opened up to all ASAM members thus making sure that the needs of all are taken into consideration and that the standards meet a high quality level.
- International participation in the standardization process shall be promoted by offering modern collaboration tools like video conferencing and online collaboration. (Trial phase)
- Standardization work groups shall be further supported by mentors, sponsored project managers and/or tech writers where necessary. (Trial phase)
The General Assembly 2016 ended with a sun-set dinner at the Munich Olympic Tower with spectacular views on Munich. All in all, the meeting offered a great opportunity to network with other members and to discuss ASAM related topics.