ASAM aims to start a new project to further develop ASAM , an XIL API for the communication between test automation tools and test benches. The Standard supports test benches at all stages of the development and test process – most prominently model-in-the-loop ( Standard), software-in-the-loop ( MIL) and hardware-in-the-loop ( SIL). HIL
It is intended that the will support more complex test environments, which are typically found in the Standard environment. Therefore, some recommendations by the VDA project group " SIL Standardization" shall be implemented. SIL
Addtionally, the extensions and modifications requested by the concept project "ASAM for Service Oriented Communication" shall be developed. XIL
Overall, the following key features shall be implemented:
- Introduction of a new value container with generic complex data types
- Introduction of a new testbench port for access to service-oriented communication (SOC): This covers tests of service provider or service consumer as well as integration tests in the network and storage of SOC data in ASAM MDF.
- Traceability of test case execution, including logging of events
- Usage of complex setup routines to react to status events of the test system
- Monitoring of variables and states by streaming instead of polling
- Error injection modification to stimulate function signals
- Access to system description via an API
- Rework of the existing ECU-M and ECU-C testbench ports to one common ECU port
- Usage of the standard in Linux environments
These major modifications will result in a new version 3.0.0 which will be incompatible with the current version ASAM 2.2.0. We therefore encourage all users of ASAM XIL to take part in this project and bring in their requirements and support the solution development. ASAM members also have the opportunity to review the proposal in advance and comment on it without the need to take part in the project. XIL
The project is scheduled for a duration 24 months. Two-day working meetings are planned approximately every 6 weeks.