In this project, the concepts developed in the ASAM OpenODD concept paper shall be translated into a new : The ASAM OpenODD concept proposes to specify a language concept as well as a machine-readable format to allow users to share, compare and re-use ODD definitions. Standard
About ASAM OpenODD
An Operation Design Domain definition (ODD) shall be valid throughout the whole vehicle’s lifetime. The definition of an ODD is part of the safety concept of a vehicle. Depending on the current development step different information needs to be derived from such an overall ODD.
ASAM OpenODD focuses on a machine-readable format. The ODD must be represented so it can easily be used within and other machine processed environments. The content of ASAM OpenODD will be derived from any abstract ODD, providing the information in a usable manner. For the purpose of using this ODD description for simulations and post-processing the format must fulfill the following requirements: Simulation
- Machine readable
- Measurable and verifiable
- Readability is important: Format is readable – but main intent is for computer processing (with structure and grammar). ISO 34503 is intended to be used for human users (structured natural language).
In the scenario-based testing workflow ASAM OpenODD will play a very important role supporting the test description, defining the boundaries of what to test and achieving a good test coverage of the operational design domain and its borders. Read more
The project is open for enrollment until Jul 20, 2022. Please be aware that signing up to this project means a minimal commitment as follows:
- WP 2 Knowledge transfer and generation – 2-month duration, current estimates are 1h meetings every week
- WP 3 Scope Refinement – 3-month duration, also 1h meeting every week + offline preparation
- Later technical WPs – 12 – 15 months duration – as it is currently difficult to estimate the necessary resources to finalize the standard based on the outputs of WP3 we will be asking for a minimum commitment from companies initially (25 days). Part of the output of WP3 will be a refined list of participant commitments to the individual work items.