The working group “Conceptual Study on -3 Automation Access” came to the conclusion that the ASAM MC-3 MCD MC was not able to establish itself for conventional test bench operation. The existing implementations are primarily used to remotely control the affected standard tools and have become important locally, for example for MC-based test benches (keyword: hardware-in-the-loop simulation), or as an application simulation for API functionalities, e.g. to bind a customer MCtool to an MCkernel. It is also used as a basis for the MC extensions ASAM OTX and ASAM CERP. However, in the case of CPX-based test benches, the ASAM simulation XIL is widely established. standard
In the conventional test bench area, the most widely used is the ASAP3 protocol implementation from which proprietary extensions were derived (keyword: iLinkRT protocol). standard
The working group “Conceptual Study on -3 Automation Access” therefore recommends a step-by-step plan with the following points: MC
- Within the area of ASAM's existing MC-3 standards, ASAP3 will be further developed to a limited extent.
- Limited ASAP3 protocol extensions will be made to meet the requirements of the new generation of ECUs.
- The iLinkRT will be added as the new ASAM protocol standard for data transfer with real-time capability.
- The iLinkRT protocol will be extended by configuration commands and can thus be used independently.
- Moreover, the configuration measurement with real-time capability will also be possible via iLinkRT based on new ASAP3 protocol commands.
- The API of ASAM XIL will be extended as the API standard to connect ECUs with conventional and simulation-based test benches to which iLinkRT can also be connected.
This project "-3 Automation Access Protocol" covers the first step: MC
- Enhancement of the ASAP 3 protocol with new compatible functionalities. This protocol can be used stand-alone for low speed measurement or for the configuration of high-speed measurement. The semantics of existing parameters shall be described in more detail.
- Transfer the iLinkRT protocol to the ASAM as a new standard. This protocol is based on XCP, but the XCP functionality shall be encapsulated. Users will work on a symbol level with physical representation of the values. This standard shall contain all descriptions, which are necessary for the usage of the protocol, e.g. description of the stream structure.
- Describe the principle usage for remote configuration via ASAP 3 and the data acquisition via iLinkRT. This description is restricted to the listed use-cases. Specialties, such as usage of CAN values, are not part of the description. Dynamic reconfiguration during a running measurements is not in focus.