ASAM will further develop ASAM OpenSCENARIO 1. The project shall improve usability and provide maintenance for manufacturers using the . It also shall advance the convergence with ASAM OpenSCENARIO 2. standard
Some of the topics that shall be tackled are:
- Introduction of abstract scenarios
- Independence from / compatibility with road network formats
- Clarification of concepts such as distances, conditions TTC/THW
- Advancing path towards converging ASAM OpenSCENARIO 1 and ASAM OpenSCENARIO 2 (in close collaboration with ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0 project.
About ASAM OpenSCENARIO
ASAM OpenSCENARIO is currently further developed in two branches:
- The 1.x branch is further developing the standard based on ASAM OpenSCENARIO V1.0.0
- The 2.0 branch contains developments based on the ASAM OpenSCENARIO 2.0 Concept Paper
1.x provides a very concrete scenario description format, usable now, that will be directly compatible with the 2.0 project.
OpenSCENARIO 2.0 provides a Domain Specific Language (DSL) and aims to significantly extend the domain addressed by 1.x to cover further use cases for AD development (read more about ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0).