ASAM will further develop ASAM OpenSCENARIO V1.x. The project shall improve usability and provide maintenance for manufacturers using the . It also shall advance the convergence with ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0. Standard
Some of the topics that shall be tackled are:
- Introduction of abstract scenarios
- Independence from / compatibility with road network formats
- Clarification of concepts such as distances, conditions TTC/THW
- Advancing the path towards converging ASAM OpenSCENARIO V1.x and ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0 (in close collaboration with ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0 project)
Difference between ASAM OpenSCENARIO V1.x and V2.0
ASAM OpenSCENARIO is currently developed in two separate strands: one to further develop version 1.x and a second one to develop version 2.0. They are independent development strands that run in parallel and will only converge into one version in the future.
- The 1.x strand is further developing the standard based on ASAM OpenSCENARIO V1.0.0
- The 2.0 strand contains developments based on the ASAM OpenSCENARIO Concept Paper
1.x provides a very concrete scenario description format, usable now, that will be directly compatible with the 2.0 project. ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0 will provide a Domain Specific Language (DSL) and aims to significantly extend the domain addressed by V1.x to cover further use cases for AD development (read more about ASAM OpenSCENARIO V2.0).
The two groups will jointly develop a migration mechanism that grants unchanged run-time behaviour for OpenSCENARIO V1.x scenarios converted to OpenSCENARIO V2.0.